Join our team!
Seeking candidates for the following position:
East End Arts (EEA) is a multi-award winning 501(c)3 not-for-profit arts organization serving the five East End towns of Long Island, NY since 1972. We operate the School of the Arts, an art gallery and present a variety of events and programs to promote the arts year-round.
We seek a dynamic leader to become Executive Director, a position reporting to the Board of Directors. The successful candidate will have a close working relationship with the President and the Board of Directors; will build and lead staff and volunteers in fundraising, marketing and communications and; will implement comprehensive and diverse philanthropic efforts to meet our mission, vision and programmatic objectives.
We seek a motivated and committed Executive Director with a strong entrepreneurial spirit, development and communications background with both the capacity and the demonstrated track record to respond effectively to the listed challenges. The challenges include:
- Acquiring a thorough understanding of EEA, its mission and programs; effectively and passionately communicate the case for support to constituencies to increase giving
- Working effectively with the Board and staff to devise strategies to reach our goals and objectives
- Communicate clearly and persuasively to increase our visibility, mission and scope of the various programs
- Build relationships and foster communications with leadership, the Board of Directors, staff, volunteers to develop and diversify giving
- Through face-to-face solicitation, online, social media and special events secure operational and program revenue
- Identify, qualify, cultivate and solicit in partnership with the Board a portfolio of prospects and donors with the capacity to give five-figure and above gifts
- Seek new grant opportunities, manage and maintain existing grants, expand grants where appropriate
- Coordinate, as appropriate, volunteer, staff and Board participation to cultivate, solicit and steward philanthropic support
- Work with the Board to devise and implement a Development and Communications plan in accordance with goals and mission
The ideal candidate will possess these attributes and experience:
- Appreciation, commitment, understanding of the mission and programs
- Positive motivational and entrepreneurial style
- Business acumen and fundraising capability to take us to the next level of excellence
- Proven track record in face-to-face fundraising
- Knowledge of and success record in writing grant proposals
- Corporate, government, foundation fundraising experience
- Developing and implementing large scale special events
- Superlative written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications, fundraising software and social media
- Bachelor’s degree required, 5 years experience
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, travel as needed
Compensation will be both competitive and commensurate with the successful candidate’s background and experience. Benefits include paid time off, health benefits and retirement plan. East End Arts is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Posted April 3, 2018