DEADLINE for Artists & Artisans to Apply: Holiday Gift Boutique Participation
CALL FOR ARTISTS Holiday Gift Boutique 2015
Artists: Sell your one-of-a-kind ornaments, greeting cards, and giftware at East End Arts Gallery’s Holiday Gift Boutique
Shop Dates: November 14 – December 23, 2015
Hundreds of gorgeous hand-made holiday ornaments, greeting cards, one-of-a-kind jewelry, wearables, ceramics, crafts, and more will fill East End Arts three galleries from top to bottom as visitors from all over Long Island come to buy exclusive and art-full gifts. If you are an artist and the creator of beautiful and inspired items, come show and sell your works at our Holiday Gift Boutique. (Accepted non-members must become members to participate in the Gift Boutique. Click here to renew your membership / become a member now OR you can renew or become a member when completing the application form at the below link.
Typically, items under $200 sell best. Please consider this when pricing your work.
There is no fee to participate.
Please Note: Participating artists must sign-up to monitor the Holiday Boutique; a minimum of 2 six-hour blocks are required. Applicant will be charged $30 ($15 per session) when applying, via secure webpage, and will be refunded when monitoring obligations are fulfilled or if artist does not participate in the Holiday Boutique.
APPLICATION PROCESS OVERVIEW
1. Application available online starting August 15 and will close on Thursday, October 22, 2015.
2. Submit online application by THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22 DEADLINE.
3. Notification of acceptance & item drop-off appointment scheduled by Friday, October 30.
4. Drop-off Appointments with Gallery Director will take place November 4 – 7.
5. Holiday Gift Boutique opens with a Grand Opening reception on Saturday, November 14, 2015, 12 – 6 PM. Required meeting for all artist-vendors at 10AM–12PM on Saturday, November 14 prior to the reception, to review all items in Holiday Gift Boutique and practice marketing the items and to hear descriptions from other vendors in order to be familiar with all items for when they are monitoring the boutique.
TO APPLY: Submit Online Application by Thursday, October 22, 2015, 5:00 PM.
Artist Notification of Acceptance by Friday, October 30, 2015
SEE BELOW FOR LINK TO ONLINE APPLICATION.
Information required on Application:
• Approximately 150 words or less of narrative description of you/your work for marketing purposes, written in third person. Suggested content: explain your technique with emphasis on uniqueness; i.e. uniqueness of technique, origin of materials, your artistic credentials, background story, etc.
• One required photo of you/your items/you creating your items, for marketing purposes.
• If new to participating in our Holiday Gift Boutique, you must submit 3-5 clear, close-up JPEG images of sample work.
• Preferred times for drop-off appointment (November 4–7) as well as for monitoring duty (November 14–December 23).
Please note: Online application including $30 deposit must be completed in one sitting, it cannot be saved unfinished and returned to later. Applicant can join or renew EEA membership through a link during this process. Please review application and prepare all required elements in advance of filling out application.
ITEM DROP-OFF: Once your application has been reviewed and accepted, our staff will contact you to schedule an appointment (November 4-7) for dropping off and inventorying your items.
Artists MUST bring the following to the drop-off appointment:
• ALL items you would like to offer for sale (not just samples.) Accepted items will be left at the gallery.
• Bring your calendar. You will sign-up for monitoring hours, if you have not already done so. Reminder: your $30 deposit will be held and returned once monitoring duties are fulfilled.
• Allow enough time for each and every item you are selling to be inventoried into our data system. All accepted items must be inventoried during this appointment.
• Blank sales tags/labels for each item. (Please test tags to be sure they adhere securely to merchandise yet are easily removable to transfer to EEA copy of sales receipt without also removing your name or logo.)
• Displays – Bring any needed displays. For example, if you are selling jewelry you must bring an attractive ‘see into’ case that locks with a key as well as pins to secure your pieces in place so they won’t jumble when moved. Plate displays require upright easels. Greeting cards require a display. We do not accept painted rocks or shells. Bulky items (Afghans, sweaters, etc.) can only be featured two at a time.
• Framed, wired, original artwork with the maximum dimensions of 10 x10 inches will be eligible. Each piece must be priced under $120, with a maximum of 3 pieces per artist.
• Ornaments require a small loop (ribbon or wire, no more than 1” high) for our hooks to fit through for display purposes.
• East End Arts will take a 30% commission on sales and will be responsible for collecting tax.
Grand Opening Reception: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 12 – 6 PM
Holiday Gift Boutique Hours: Tuesday–Sunday Friday 10 AM – 6 PM / Closed Monday
Pick-up for all unsold items will be January 7 – 8, 2016, 10 AM – 3 PM