Thank you for your interest - the application period closed on October 18, 2018. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
CALL FOR ARTISTS: Holiday Gift Boutique 2018
November 10 - December 22, 2018
Application Deadline: Thursday, October 18, 2018, 12:00 PM noon
If you are an artist and creator of beautiful and inspired items, come exhibit and sell your work at the East End Arts Holiday Gift Boutique. Hundreds of gorgeous items including holiday ornaments, greeting cards, one-of-a-kind jewelry, wearables, ceramics, crafts and more will fill East End Arts Gallery's three large rooms from top to bottom as visitors from all over Long Island come to buy unique hand-made holiday gifts.
Note: Typically items under $100 sell best. Please consider this when pricing your work.
1. You must be a member of East End Arts at the Working Artist Level 1 membership level or higher (no additional participation fee required) in order to exhibit in the Holiday Gift Boutique. Anyone can join or upgrade. Click here for more information about membership levels and to become a member >>
2. Boutique monitoring responsibilities: All artist-vendors are required to monitor the boutique. The minimum commitment is 14 hours on site with at least 5 hours on a Saturday or Sunday. For participants who sign up to monitor exclusively on Saturday and/or Sunday hours, the minimum requirement will be reduced to 11 hours.
3. At the time you drop-off your items you must leave a refundable deposit of $40 in cash or check made out to East End Arts which will be refunded after complete fulfillment of your gallery monitoring obligations.
4. Required meeting for all artist-vendors from 10 AM – 12 PM on Saturday, November 10, 2018 prior to the boutique opening. The purpose is to hear about the exhibited items from each artist so that you are familiar with the items and can answer questions about any vendor’s work when you are monitoring the boutique.
1. Submit online applications by THURSDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2018, 12:00 PM NOON DEADLINE.
2. You will be notified if your work is accepted by email no later than Wednesday, October 24, 2018.
3. Once you have been accepted, schedule your drop-off appointment by calling the East End Arts Gallery: Thursday, October 25, or Friday, October 26, 10 AM - 4 PM.
4. Drop-off appointments with the Gallery Director are pre-scheduled and will take place on Wednesday, October 31 - Friday, November 2, 2018.
Information required on Application:
· Narrative description of you/your work for marketing purposes, 150 words or less written in third person. Suggested content: explain your technique with emphasis on uniqueness; i.e. uniqueness of technique, origin of materials, your artistic credentials, background story, etc.
· At least one photo of you, your items or you creating your items - for marketing purposes.
· If new to participating in our Holiday Gift Boutique, you must submit 3-5 clear, close-up JPEG images of your work.
· Preferred times for monitoring duty (November 10 – December 22, 2018).
Please note: The online application must be completed in one session. It cannot be saved unfinished and returned to later.
To become a Working Artist Level 1 member (or higher), click here >>
· Once your application has been reviewed and accepted, you will be emailed an Inventory File Excel template. You will need to enter each item you want to offer for sale into the template. Please follow the instructions carefully and email the excel file back to EEA at least 24 hours prior to your drop off appointment. Items deemed unacceptable for inclusion in the Boutique will be omitted at the time of your appointment.
Artists MUST bring the following to the drop-off appointment: (Drop off dates: Wednesday, October 31 – Friday, November 2, 2018)
· ALL items you plan to offer for sale (not samples.) Accepted items will be left at the gallery.
· Your calendar. You will sign-up for monitoring hours, if you have not already done so.
· The $40 monitoring deposit - payment by cash or check made out to East End Arts. Your deposit will be returned when monitoring duties are fulfilled.
· Your Excel inventory file must be emailed to East End Arts no later than 24 hours before your appointment. If you don’t have Excel or a access to a computer, you can complete your item inventory requirements at your local library and enter all your data on a computer there, then send files from the library to us at these emails: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to follow instructions which will be included with your acceptance email.
· Tags/labels for each item corresponding to the Excel file you submitted. (Or blank tags if you did not already send Excel file.) (Please test tags to be sure they adhere securely to merchandise yet are easily removable to transfer to EEA copy of sales receipt.)
· Displays – Bring any needed displays. For example, if you are selling jewelry you must bring an attractive ‘see into’ case that locks with a key as well as pins to secure your pieces in place so they won’t jumble when moved. Plate displays require upright easels. Greeting cards require a display. We do not accept painted rocks or shells. Bulky items (Afghans, sweaters, etc.) can only be featured two at a time.
· Framed, wired, original artwork with the maximum dimensions of 10 x10 inches will be eligible. Each piece must be priced under $120, with a maximum of 3 pieces per artist.
· Ornaments require a small loop (ribbon or wire, no more than 1” high) for our hooks to fit through for display purposes.
· East End Arts will take a 30% commission on sales and will be responsible for collecting tax.
Grand Opening Reception: Saturday, November 10, 2018, 12 – 6 PM
Shop dates: Saturday, November 10, 2018 – Saturday, December 22, 2018
Holiday Shopping Hours for the Holiday Gift Boutique:
Tuesdays – Saturdays, 12 – 5 PM
Closed Sundays & Mondays
Pick-up for all unsold items will be January 2 – 4, 2019, 10 AM – 3 PM by appointment.
For more information, contact: email@example.com or 631-727-0900 (ext. 306)
East End Arts is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items.