Calling all high school student musicians & vocalists!
Apply to participate in the Music Masters Mentorship Program to take place January 2021 with award winning Jazz and Rock musician and educator Kevin Kendrick!
Application Deadline: December, 3 2020 (must include sample recording)
East End Arts is now accepting applications for an intensive six-session workshop opportunity, the 2021 Music Masters Program, which will be led by renowned vibes player, songwriter, and educator, Kevin Kendrick. High School Musicians (ages 14-18) with exceptional musical ability and a commitment to their musical growth are encouraged to apply for this rigorous workshop. Students will take part in rehearsal/workshop sessions rooted in the art of improvisation.
This highly selective program brings together the best of the best students from across the region and allows the mentor to work with the students on skills and experiences that will take their talents to the next level. Through one-on-one learning opportunities with masters in the music field, the students are given training in rehearsal and performance skills, in addition to recording, marketing, composition and songwriting. They leave with life-long relationships and friendships, as well as portfolio materials to assist them in future endeavors, including their pursuit of post-graduate employment and education.
Five three-hour rehearsals strengthen student abilities and prepare them for their finale concert in a professional venue pending social-distancing guidelines. An online application form and performance sample are required for submission. All instruments, including vocals are welcome.
Workshop Dates: (Tentative Schedule)
Feb. 5, 12, (no 2/19), 26
Time: 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. in the East End Arts' School Carriage House in Riverhead at 133 East Main Street
Friday, March 12, 2021
Location & Time: TBA
Non-refundable Application Fee: $35
High school musicians and vocalists (ages 14-18) with exceptional musical ability and a passion for music are encouraged to apply for this rigorous workshop. Students will be immersed in jazz and blues with an emphasis on creativity, culture, and telling your own personal story in collaboration with others. Rehearsals strengthen student abilities and prepare them for their finale concert in a professional venue. Applications are open to a variety of instruments: bass, keyboard, drums, guitar, sax, brass instruments AND vocalists. An online application form and performance sample are required for submission. This tuition-free program requires a $35 non-refundable application fee to cover administration of this program.
To apply, students must complete an online application form (below) and submit a recorded performance sample. The deadline to submit applications is Tuesday, December 3, 2020.
• Application Deadline: Tuesday, December 3, 2020 (must include sample recording)
• Acceptance Notification: Thursday, December 17, 2020
• Workshop/Rehearsal Location: East End Arts School Carriage House, 133 E. Main Street in Riverhead, NY
• Final Concert Performance: March 12, 2021
• Long Island high school music students (ages 14-18) studying a musical instrument or voice
• Students will be expected to read music and should have some performance and/or ensemble experience.
• Students must be available for all workshops, as well as for the finale concert performance.
HOW TO APPLY
• Complete the online application (below).
• On the online application, upload only ONE MP3 or VIDEO file recording of approximately 3 minutes (no more than 1 GB) demonstrating the student’s performance of a short selection of any repertoire of your choosing. (Label the recorded file as: MM2021_StudentLastName_age_INSTRUMENT)
Evaluation of the recording will focus on basic technical skills and the musicality of the performance. Home recorded selections including phone and computer recordings will be accepted. Recording quality will not be judged.
East End Arts Music Masters Mentorship Program is sponsored by Olivia and Harlan Fischer.
For more info about the Kevin Kendrick and the Music Masters Mentorship Program, click here >>