Calling all high school student musicians & vocalists!
Apply to participate in the Music Masters Mentorship Program to take place January 2020 with jazz historian, music educator, and trumpet player Dr. Thomas Manuel!
Tuesday, December 16, 2019 (must include sample recording)
East End Arts is now accepting applications for an intensive six session workshop opportunity, the 2020 Music Masters Program, which will be led by renowned Jazz musician and educator, Dr. Thomas Manuel. High School Musicians (ages 14-18) with exceptional musical ability and a commitment to their musical growth are encouraged to apply for this rigorous workshop. Students will take part in Jazz rehearsal/workshop sessions rooted in the art of improvisation. Collectively and individually, students will explore, practice and develop a variety of skills on their instrument including risk, trust, patience, emotion, and much more. Throughout these sessions students will be exposed to the rich history and story of Jazz and learn how this tradition was, and is, the soundtrack to American popular culture. Five three-hour rehearsals strengthen student abilities and prepare them for their finale concert in a professional venue. An online application form and performance sample are required for submission. All instruments, including vocals are welcome.
Workshop Dates: Tuesdays
4:00 - 7:00 PM in East End Arts Carriage House, Riverhead, NY:
NO February 18
Concert: Friday, March 6, 2020
Location & Time: TBA
Non-refundable Application Fee: $35
High school musicians and vocalists (ages 14-18) with exceptional musical ability and a passion for music are encouraged to apply for this rigorous workshop. Students will be immersed in jazz and blues with an emphasis on creativity, culture, and telling your own personal story in collaboration with others. Rehearsals strengthen student abilities and prepare them for their finale concert in a professional venue. Applications are open to a variety of instruments: bass, keyboard, drums, guitar, sax, brass instruments AND vocalists. An online application form and performance sample are required for submission. This tuition-free program requires a $35 non-refundable application fee to cover administration of this program.
To apply, students must complete an online application form (below) and submit a recorded performance sample. The deadline to submit applications is Tuesday, December 16, 2019.
• Application Deadline: Tuesday, December 16, 2019 (must include sample recording)
• Acceptance Notification: TBA
• Workshop/Rehearsal Location: East End Arts School Carriage House, 141 E. Main Street in Riverhead, NY
• Final Concert Performance: March 6, 2020
• Long Island high school music students (ages 14-18) studying a musical instrument or voice
• Students will be expected to read music and should have some performance and/or ensemble experience.
• Students must be available for all workshops, as well as for the finale concert performance.
HOW TO APPLY
• Complete the online application (below).
• On the online application, upload only ONE MP3 or VIDEO file recording of approximately 3 minutes (no more than 1 GB) demonstrating the student’s performance of a short selection of any repertoire of your choosing. (Label the recorded file as: MM2020_StudentLastName_age_INSTRUMENT)
Evaluation of the recording will focus on basic technical skills and the musicality of the performance. Home recorded selections including phone and computer recordings will be accepted. Recording quality will not be judged.
East End Arts Music Masters Mentorship Program is sponsored by Olivia and Harlan Fischer.
For more info about the Dr. Thomas Manuel and the Music Masters Mentorship Program, click here >>