Calling all high school student musicians & vocalists!
Apply to participate in the Music Masters Mentorship Program to take place March 2022 with Power-team duo: composer and conductor, Richard Iacona and jazz vocalist and bassist, Madeline Kole!
Application Deadline: January 20, 2022 (must include sample recording)
East End Arts is now accepting applications for an intensive six-session workshop opportunity, the 2022 Music Masters Program, which will be led by power-team duo; composer and conductor, Richard Iacona and jazz vocalist and bassist, Madeline Kole. High School Musicians (ages 14-18) with exceptional musical ability and a commitment to their musical growth are encouraged to apply for this rigorous workshop. Students take part in rehearsal/workshop sessions rooted in the art of improvisation.
This highly selective program brings together the best of the best students from across the region and allows the mentor to work with the students on skills and experiences that will take their talents to the next level. Music Masters Mentorship Program focuses on preparing students for a lifelong career in the world of music through one-on-one learning opportunities with master musicians. Students are trained in rehearsal and performance skills, in addition to recording, marketing, composition, and songwriting. They leave with life-long relationships and friendships, as well as portfolio materials to assist them in future endeavors; including their pursuit of post-graduate employment and education.
Music Masters is open to all high school musicians (ages 14-18) with strong musical ability and a commitment to their musical growth. Rehearsal sessions are rooted in Jazz and in the art of improvisation and performance. Five three-hour rehearsals strengthen student abilities and prepare them for a finale concert at a professional venue.
An online application form and performance sample are required for submission. All instruments, including vocals are welcome.
Workshop Dates: (Tentative Schedule)
Friday, March 4, 2021, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday, March 11, 2021, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday, March 18, 2021, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday, March 25, 2021, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Friday, April 1, 2021, 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Place: East End Arts' School Carriage House in Riverhead at 133 East Main Street
April 8, 2022
Location & Time: Hotel Indigo • 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Non-refundable Application Fee: $35
Scholarships for the application fee are available, please call the registrar at 631.369.2171 to apply.
Students are immersed in jazz and blues with an emphasis on creativity, culture, and telling your own personal story in collaboration with others. Rehearsals strengthen student ability and prepare them for a finale concert at a professional venue. Applications are open to a variety of instruments: bass, keyboard, drums, guitar, sax, brass instruments, AND vocalists. An online application form and performance sample are required for submission. This tuition-free program requires a $35 non-refundable application fee to cover administration of this program.
To apply, students must complete an online application form (below) and submit a recorded performance sample. The deadline to submit applications is Thursday, January 20, 2022.
• Application Deadline: Thursday, January 20, 2021 (must include sample recording)
• Acceptance Notification: Friday, February 11, 2022
• Workshop/Rehearsal Location: East End Arts School Carriage House, 133 E. Main Street in Riverhead, NY
• Final Concert Performance: April 8, 2022 • 6 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. • Hotel Indigo, Riverhead
• Long Island high school music students (ages 14-18) studying a musical instrument or voice
• Students will be expected to read music and should have some performance and/or ensemble experience.
• Students must be available for all workshops, as well as for the finale concert performance.
HOW TO APPLY
• Complete the online application (below).
• On the online application, upload only ONE MP3 or VIDEO file recording of approximately 3 minutes (no more than 1 GB) demonstrating the student’s performance of a short selection of any repertoire of your choosing. (Label the recorded file as: MM2021_StudentLastName_age_INSTRUMENT)
Evaluation of the recording will focus on basic technical skills and the musicality of the performance. Home recorded selections including phone and computer recordings will be accepted. Recording quality will not be judged.
East End Arts Music Masters Mentorship Program is sponsored by Olivia and Harlan Fischer.
For more info about Richard Iacona and Madeline Kole and the Music Masters Mentorship Program, click here >>